These are some stumbling blocks to writing better and more often. I need to resolve these issues to move forward.
- I feel writing about myself is vain.
- If I share my feelings, they would either be egotistical or self-pitying.
- I don’t want to share some things about myself. I’m embarassed.
- I don’t want to talk about other people. I have no right to share things about them to the world, no matter how incidental.
- My life is boring, there’s nothing to blog about unlike others.
To get some help, I asked my friend who specializes in these things. So, I’m now starting on Creative Nonfiction, A Manual for Filipino Writers by Cristina Pantoja Hidalgo.