The mobile phones I have used through the years…
- Motorola MicroTAC. Used this with Piltel’s Mobiline AMPS analog service.
- Nokia 5110. The classic Nokia. Left it in a FX taxi and lost it along with my first prepaid Globe number.
- Panasonic GD45. This one looked like a toy.
- Panasonic GD90. This looked like the essential “J-Phone” of the time. Very small and the lightest battery ever, so light on battery life too.
- Nokia 7110. The first WAP phone. I broke the spring slider at some point.
- Siemens C45. This had nice ergonomics. I think I killed the battery, though, since it also had bad life eventualy.
- Nokia 3530. The first color phone from Nokia I believe. My first taste of J2ME and GPRS. This lasted me a long time.
- Sony Ericsson K700i. This is sossy looking and the GPRS EDGE is fast enough. I was late to camera phones – this wsa my first at 640×480.
- Nokia N80. Feature-packed, WiFi is great, battery not so. Bulky, but I still managed to lose it.
- Nokia 1100. This is nice, the utility of the 3310 back in the day but in a small package and a low price.
- Nokia N70. I wrote the pink N70 is still good, I got this from someone, but I gave it to someone else, because I find S60 too cumbersome and the phone is too big now that I need to carry 3 phones.
The three phones I now use are:
- Nokia 6233. My main 3G phone now. Used for the office plan.
- Nokia 6070. This feels like classic Series 40. Heavier but more useful than the 1100 it replaces. Used for my personal number, +639209054981.
- Nokia 6100. A classic from 2002, still good. Still Nokia’s lightest ever. I use this for a Globe prepaid SIM, for UNLIMITXT.
What phones have you used? Which ones stand out?